Friday, March 6, 2009

State of Arizona Vs. Scott C. Ray

Today is a good day.  No, today is a great day.  For I have slain the giant, bashed the beast, and conquered the unconquerable.  

Yesterday I had my day in court for the "too much dirt in the trailer" ordeal. Remember This? Which Lead to This?

For those who don't know I was charged with two penalties.  One for not having control of the trailer brakes from the cab of my truck ( by Arizona State Law all half-ton pickups pulling a double-axel commercial trailer must have a device in the cab to directly control the brakes of
the trailer) and Two for being overweight by 300 lbs.  
The courtroom was much like this.  The judge upfront, the officer at the prosecutor's desk, and me in the hot seat!  The judge explained the proceedings.  Then put us under oath.  After the officer stated his case I cross-examined him on a couple of things and then... begged for mercy.  The judge was very kind and listened to everything I had to say then proceeded with his ruling.

"On the first charge of not having the proper controls for the trailer brakes I am holding the defendant responsible and requiring payment of $127.50.  On the second charge of excess load by 300 pounds...", sweat dripping down my face with heart pounding, " I am dismissing the charge entirely."  "Yea!!!!!", said Scott.  I think the judge realized that 300 lbs was nothing compared to the entire load (the load was about 9850 lbs)  and thought it to be a ridiculous charge.
Another strike for freedooooooommmmmmmm!!!!!

6 comments:

aezra noell said...

awesome! doesn't feel like a weight lifted off? well it would to me. go David!

Shanan and Danica said...

good for you!!

Cami said...

yahoo!!!! when I had jury duty last year I was afraid for those in the hot spot! Go Scott!!! I bet you made Jen proud!

onehm said...

WOW! That's GREAT! So glad that things went your way!

Robyn and Anthony said...

Way to stick it to "the man"! Glad everything worked out ok :)

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

woo hoo!! I'm happy it worked out :)